Darren Butt knows better than anyone that a brain tumor can strike without warning or without any other apparent health issues. Darren Butt has seen the havoc that a brain tumor can wreak first hand. In fact, in June of 2012, the son of Darren Butt, the then twelve-year-old Jack Butt, was stricken with a brain tumor that appeared to strike without warning. Given the pain and suffering that Darren Butt and his entire family experienced as they worked together to fight his son’s brain tumor, he has dedicated his life to helping people recognize the signs and symptoms of this deadly killer.
Darren Butt is quick to point out that brain tumors can strike without warning or any other indication that there is something wrong. In fact, Darren Butt was under the impression that his son was in perfect health before he was diagnosed with the brain tumor that almost claimed his life during the summer of 2012.
If you are worried about a brain tumor risking the life of you or someone you love, Darren Butt urges you to familiarize yourself with the signs and symptoms of brain tumors.
· Headaches that are becoming more frequent of more severe over time.
· Nausea or frequent vomiting that has no logical explanation.
· Sudden changes in vision, including sudden double vision or sudden blurred vision. (The son of Darren Butt woke up one morning with unexplained double vision, which led to his diagnosis with a near fatal brain tumor.)
· Sudden and unexplained difficulties with balance, speech or other everyday activities. Darren Butt says that many people believe confusion in older people may be a sign of oncoming dementia or Alzheimer’s disease, while missing the fact that their loved ones may, in fact, be suffering from a brain tumor.
· Bizarre personality or behavior changes, including sudden substance abuse or sexual promiscuity. Darren Butt notes that this is especially true in adolescents or young adults, whose symptoms are often dismissed as a side effect of being an adolescent or young adult.
Brain tumors are the silent killer, says Darren Butt. After all, Darren Butt had no idea that his twelve-year-old son, Jack Butt was suffering from a brain tumor until the day that he woke up with unexplainable double vision. If you or someone you love is experiencing any of the symptoms that Darren Butt has described here, please see a neurologist or other qualified medical professional as soon as possible to rule out the possibility that something more sinister is afoot.