Wednesday, March 22, 2017
How To Reverse Diabetes (Type 2)
The medical community has labelled diabetes - especially Type 2 diabetes - as an epidemic. If only there was a way to reverse diabetes (Type 2 (T2) diabetes). The good news is that T2 diabetes is entirely reversible through both natural and medical ways. With diabetes being a leading cause of kidney failure and high blood pressure, getting rid of it is important.
Diabetes occurs when the body fails to produce insulin or, in the case of T2, the insulin produced is not sufficient enough to regulate the glucose levels in the body.
It is worth noting that Type I diabetes is an autoimmune disease and thus reversing it is close to nil. Type 2 diabetes, on the other hand, is a lifestyle disease which can be reversed. This article concentrates on reversing Type 2 diabetes.
The primary cause of T2 diabetes is leading an unhealthy lifestyle by consuming sugars, refined carbohydrates, and fatty foods. High-stress levels are also to blame for the rising number of people with diabetes.
Genetic factors are also to blame for diabetes mildly. Individuals with a history of diabetes are predisposed to the disease. Genetic predisposition works in combination with other factors.
To reverse diabetes (T2), the wholesome approach is necessary. Most of the methods of fighting diabetes out there entail a single approach to dealing with blood sugar. But combining some factors is needed to help reverse the harmful effects of diabetes.
Here are several steps to reverse diabetes - Type 2:
1. Control your insulin – Diabetes occurs as a result of the body lacking adequate insulin. To reverse diabetes, focus on boosting your insulin levels. You can do this by eating food high in fiber such as fruits and whole grain carbohydrates.
2. Exercise – Weight gain causes fat to block the pancreas. This, in turn, inhibits the production of insulin. Exercising will help you lose weight leading to a dramatic change in your disease. When your muscles are strong due to exercise, their resistance to insulin reduces.
3. Clean your gut – Toxins are to blame for most medical problems. By getting rid of toxins and grains in the intestines, you are a step closer to reversing diabetes.
4. Maintain fat balance in the body – Too much fatty foods especially omega fats are to blame for diabetes. Having too much Omega six contributes to diabetes. Balancing the Omega 6 and Omega three is important.
5. Stress control – When your mind is not as peace, your sugar levels tend to rise. Stress not only makes you prone to diseases such as heart attacks and other chronic diseases. Practicing daily relaxation techniques will ensure that you are not under stress and consequently help reverse diabetes.
It is important to monitor your diabetes regularly. Through regular testing, you will be in charge of your condition. As you make lifestyle changes, your type 2 diabetes is likely to start reversing. Monitor this progress since in some cases there may be a change in your dosage. Have a food log and testing types of equipment. Take note of any food that may have caused a surge in your blood sugar level.
For Type 2 diabetics, reversing diabetes is possible. With the right lifestyle changes, you will be well on your way to recover from diabetes.
About The Author
Jeffrey Dale is a Type 2 Diabetic and asks the questions, "Can you be a Type 2 Diabetic and poke fun at the disease, or will it get mad at you if you do"? He shares everything he's learned-the hard way-as an "expert" on his blog at http://www.reversingtype2diabetes.info