Atika Ali, an avid hiker, swimmer, and exerciser, has maintained an active lifestyle for many years now and she sees countless benefits to her health, psyche, and even spirituality. She would like to provide readers with a list of ways to actively live out a healthy lifestyle year round.
(1) This may seem like an odd first step, but you need to be able to relax. Atika Ali points out that stress tears our bodies apart. You must find ways to relax in order to live a healthy life. Atika Ali relaxes by listening to music and cooking. The rest of the list is actually based on reducing stress and increasing healthy habits.
(2) Atika Ali believes sleep to be one of the most important factors to a healthy body. Everyone is different, but on average people need a consistent sleep routine of 6-8 hours. This is your body’s chance to refuel and replenish what was expended during the day. Whatever you do, Atika Ali doesn’t believe on compromising your sleep.
(3) Eating right is also of the utmost importance. Atika Ali avoids fast food at all costs and prefers to eat fresh whenever possible. Atika Ali has become an expert at reading labels and advises everyone to gain a basic understanding of nutrition. A tip from Atika Ali: Learn the difference between healthy and unhealthy fats.
(4) Once you have all of these things in line, it is important to develop a regular exercise routine. Atika Ali enjoys hiking and swimming on the weekends, but she does not consider that regular enough. You must find something and do it consistently for 4-5 days a week. During the week Atika Ali jogs two miles a day, just enough to give her heart and muscles a healthy exercise.
(5) Going in to your doctor for regular checkups is an important step to preparing for your future health. A lot of diseases and sicknesses can be properly treated if discovered in time. Don’t skip your annual checkups, even if you feel healthy. Atika Ali suggests having a physical checkup at least twice a year, and maybe more depending on your age.
(6) Atika Ali’s sixth and final tip is to simply have fun and enjoy life. If you aren’t happy, health is nothing. Learn to appreciate the small things and find enjoyment in your relationships. Life is too short to spend time upset and angry.