Various Ways to Take Vitamin Supplements
Take vitamin supplements along with your everyday diet. Better still, look for multi vitamin supplements they come in different forms- capsules, tablets, and even liquid. Moreover, to make things easy you can forgo the tablets for liquid vitamin supplements, which are even more convenient.
However, do not think that multivitamin tablets are food; these are just supplements that are taken with food. The necessity of dietary supplements for women depends on your age and health condition.
Vitamins for Women
Vitamin supplementation in the routine diet of a woman will go a long way in keeping her healthy. The doctors say that iron, folic acid, and Vitamin B2 are the most critical of vitamins and minerals to prevent deficiency or anemia. Do you know that iron supplements are extremely effective for anemia in the menstruation? Here, are some essential vitamins that are certainly much required for women.
- 400 mg of Folic acid per day, normally found in leafy vegetables, nuts, fruits and red meats, is recommended for adult women. It has been found to reduce neural tube defects in the newborns.
- Vitamin B2 has been found to cut down the incidence of preeclampsia in gestating women.
- About 18 mg of Iron per day brings down the risk for anemia in both menstruating and pregnant women.
- Calcium is essential for lowering the risk of osteoporosis. A woman requires 1000-1500 mg of calcium in her diet.
- Vitamin D helps in utilizing the calcium in your body, and it can be taken directly from sun or vitamin supplements.
- Vitamin B6 and B12 are essential for women as they grow older, and as it cannot be processed, it is ideal to use in the supplement form.
- Beta-carotene is required as this antioxidant help fighting with cancer and cell damage.
- Omega-3 fatty acids have helped a lot in keeping the women’s heart healthy. It is anti- inflammatory and helpful in pregnancy too.
These supplements are required in extremely small amounts daily but performed extremely essential functions in the body. Eating a balanced diet with many leafy greens and fruits’ offsets, any need for supplements ensures proper health by taking multivitamin tablets as per the advice of your doctor.
About The Author
Knowing how important good multivitamin are to maintain health, the author has spent years researching this subject and enjoys sharing what she has learned about the best vitamins for women through her articles. Many of her health related articles concentrate on finding the right vitamins to keep women healthy.